Museum logo
SU logo

Object Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2014.068.024
Object Name Plaque
Description Commemorative plaque of Mount Olivet Methodist Church which is depicted on the plaque in a black print mounted onto a plaster caste oval; the plate is beige in color. Printed beneath the image reads, "Mount Olivet Methodist Church, _____ 1889, Seaford." On the back of the plaque is a note afixed with tape which reads, "Mt. Olivet Church originated in 1830 as the Union Meeting House near Chapel Branch, and was moved to Seaford about 1840. Another church was built in 1862. In 1897, the present church was erected. The education addition was completed in 1951."
Year Range from 1950.0
Year Range to 1970.0
Collection Commemorative
Search Terms Commemorative
Plaque
Mount Olivet Methodist Church
Seaford, Delaware